WHY SOAKED ALMONDS ARE BETTER THAN RAW ALMONDS ??
1.Almonds are rich in nutrients like vitamin E, dietary fibers,
omega 3 ,fatty acids and proteins.
2.They're high on protein so they keep you full for longer and they're rich in manganese which helps strengthen bones and regulate blood sugar.
3.They're extremely helpful for those with blood pressure problems and also help muscle and nerve function.
WHY SOAKED ALMONDS ARE BETTER ?
Firstly, the brown peel of almonds contains tannin which inhibits nutrient absorption. Once you soak almonds the peel comes off easily and allows the nut to release all nutrients easily.
HOW TO SOAK ?
1.Soak a handful of almonds in half a cup of water.
2.Cover them and allow them to soak for 8 hours.
3.Drain the water, peel off the skin and store them in plastic container.
4.These soaked almonds will last you for about a week.
1. Help with digestion - Soaking almonds helps in releasing enzymes which in turn help with digestion. Soaking almonds releases enzyme lipase which is beneficial for digestion of fats.
2. Help with weight-loss - The monounsaturated fats in almonds curb your appetite and keep you full. So feel free to snack on them because they'll help you avoid binge-eating and trigger weight-loss.
3. Almonds keep your heart healthy, reduce bad cholesterol (low density lipoprotein) and increase good cholesterol (high density lipoprotein).
4. They are a good source of antioxidants: Vitamin E present in soaked almonds works as an antioxidant which inhibits free radical damage that prevents ageing and inflammation.
5. Fight Cancer: Soaked almonds contain Vitamin B17 which is vital for fighting cancer.
6. Flavonoid present in almonds suppresses tumor growth.
7. Help in lowering and maintaining glucose levels and regulating high blood pressure. (Eat nuts to control blood sugar and fat)
8. Soaked almonds contain folic acid which reduces birth defects.
Each year, provides over 900 law students with volunteer opportunities to develop their legal skills by serving over 180 organizations from coast to coast.
Volunteers increase access to justice in Canada by providing high quality, professional legal assistance to vulnerable populations and individuals.
By exposing law students to the value of pro bono service, aims to encourage the next generation of lawyers to make pro bono service an everyday part of their practice."